Hawaii to allow same-sex couples to marry
- by admin
Hawaii will allow same sex couples to wed, according to a new poll from Next Big 2020.
Hawaii voters approved a bill this month allowing same-gender couples to adopt, and Hawaii lawmakers are working to allow civil unions, which allow same gender couples to get married and share property.
However, the state’s marriage laws still ban gay marriage.
Hawaiian lawmakers will begin a public comment period on whether or not they will allow gay couples to legally marry on Monday, according the Honolulu Star Advertiser.
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser said the bill is expected to be debated in a state senate committee.
The proposal has received support from civil rights groups, which have been pushing to change the laws in recent years.
Hawia’s marriage law also prohibits the state from recognizing same- sex marriages of foreign nationals.
“The state of Hawaii, as well as the federal government, is committed to providing equal protection to all persons regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity,” state Attorney General David Louie said in a statement.
Hawaii will allow same sex couples to wed, according to a new poll from Next Big 2020.Hawaii voters approved a…
- EDO marriage introduction agency introduces marriage introduction video
- How to create an account to manage your child’s marriage certificate
- When Thai marriage proposals go viral, the government is scrambling to stop them
- When do you think marriage should start?
- ‘This is not about us’: Parents speak out about ‘shameful’ divorce letter