When is Hawaii gay marriage legally allowed?
- by admin
Hawaii’s gay marriage legislation was introduced last year to the state’s voters, and it’s currently pending in the state legislature.
The bill would legalize gay marriage in Hawaii by allowing the issuance of a marriage license and allowing couples to get married in private.
Hawaii was the first state to legalize gay unions in 2004.
In January, the Hawaii State House passed HB 1491, which is currently before the state senate.
It has already passed the state Senate, but not the governor’s desk.
In the end, it will be up to the legislature to decide whether or not to allow gay marriage.
According to Hawaii’s constitution, gay marriage is not legal in Hawaii.
But the state does allow same-sex couples to marry, which means Hawaii could potentially become the first US state to allow same sex marriage.
Hawaii has had a long history of recognizing same sex marriages.
It was the only state in the country that had to amend its constitution to recognize same-gender couples’ marriages in 1972.
Hawaii became the 50th state in 2011, and in 2016 the Supreme Court ruled in favor of marriage equality for gay couples.
Hawaii’s gay marriage legislation was introduced last year to the state’s voters, and it’s currently pending in the state legislature.The…
- EDO marriage introduction agency introduces marriage introduction video
- How to create an account to manage your child’s marriage certificate
- When Thai marriage proposals go viral, the government is scrambling to stop them
- When do you think marriage should start?
- ‘This is not about us’: Parents speak out about ‘shameful’ divorce letter