When Hawaii Will Have a Marriage Bureau
- by admin
Hawaii is expected to have a marriage bureau by the end of 2019.
It will be staffed by people who are not licensed marriage counselors and will be charged with promoting marriage equality.
The bureau will be able to provide services to couples, offer marriage counseling, help couples prepare for and have the opportunity to obtain a marriage license and conduct weddings.
Hawaii will become the 24th state in the U.S. to have its own marriage bureau.
The state has more than 6,000 registered marriage licensees.
Hawaii Attorney General David Chiu said in a press release that the bureau will help Hawaii to be “a welcoming place for couples and families to live, work and raise families.”
The announcement comes on the heels of the Supreme Court decision that legalized same-sex marriage in Hawaii.
Hawaii has not had a marriage bill since 2008.
But the state has seen a dramatic change in public opinion in recent years, as the Supreme Justice Elena Kagan ruled in favor of marriage equality in 2014.
Hawaii is expected to have a marriage bureau by the end of 2019.It will be staffed by people who are…
- EDO marriage introduction agency introduces marriage introduction video
- How to create an account to manage your child’s marriage certificate
- When Thai marriage proposals go viral, the government is scrambling to stop them
- When do you think marriage should start?
- ‘This is not about us’: Parents speak out about ‘shameful’ divorce letter